At Connected Signals, our engineers develop vehicle-to-infrastructure technology for cars, transit, pedestrians and cyclists that improves safety and fuel efficiency. Our innovative approach has uniquely positioned us to develop software solutions to the traffic-signal problem in the connected and autonomous vehicle space.
Now we’re looking to add another Software Engineer to our team to help design and develop these software systems in our Eugene, Oregon office.
Things you’ll be doing:
- Working flexibly with small in-house and remote engineering teams
- Designing, developing, debugging, maintaining, and deploying new and existing software, including user interfaces, network protocols, and data structures
- Collaborating with other team members across the organization to produce a coherent product
- Providing technical and development support to customers, including automakers, cities, and others.
Things we think you’ll like about Connected Signals:
- A friendly, informal, and intellectually stimulating work environment
- Competitive salary and possible stock options
- Great benefits including medical, 401(k) plan with match, generous vacation time, parental and sick leave, and more
- Relocation package
- Snacks, team lunches and a chance to have fun with your co-workers every week.
Things we’re looking for in a candidate:
- BS or higher in Computer Science, Math or a related field (advanced degree preferred)
- Strong knowledge and experience in algorithms and programming in C++ and the STL
- Experience in Objective C, Java, or developing smartphone applications for Android or iOS is helpful, but not required
- Experience with modeling large data sets, developing statistical predictive models, or machine learning is also a plus
- You should be self-motivated and enjoy learning and working as part of a team.
Lastly we’ll say that limited amounts of travel do arise; whether that’s a plus or a minus is up to you! And an occasionally–if infrequently–disruptive work schedule should be expected.
If this sounds like the job for you, we’ll be accepting resumés until the position is filled. Go ahead and send yours (with subject line “Software Engineer”) to email@example.com. And include your GPA; it may be a little unusual, but we like to see it!